 General / 2346
Re: Clones & Tente
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:41:00 GMT

Larry wrote:
Tente fails One utterly. 0% Fails Two utterly as well. Only in Three is
there any congruence, and even there, much of Tente is to a much smaller
scale. Certainly all ships. Only the trucks are similar to Minifig
scale, but even then, they are closer to realistic scale (a truck seats
3 people across, but the people are much smaller than one minifig.
Implied, not certain, because no figs are supplied.) So I'd even score
it 0% there.

I've got some TENTE space figures to go with figure scale spaceships -
the same size as LEGO ones.

Steve Bliss wrote:
But Tente could be considered a clone, because it is based on a
top-stud-joining-brick-bottom system.  But it's 0% compatible.
As opposed to K'nex, which is 0% clone, 100% competitor.
Steve

I think the top-stud-joining-brick-bottom should be the rule appiled to
any such 'Clone' newsgroup to prevent the any-toys problem.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170