 General / 2307
Re: tente page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 00:15:57 GMT

In article lugnet.announce, hsadm2.jgonzale@email.state.ut.us (Joseph
Gonzalez) writes:
the construction clone site has the recent addition of a tente page.
http://users.sisna.com/gonzo3/tente.html
[...]

Wow, that's quite an impressive list of clones you have there at the

   http://users.sisna.com/gonzo3/clones.html

page.  I wonder, are there enough LEGO® fans here who are interested in both
LEGO® bricks and imitation brands (such as Tente and Tyco) that we should
set up a separate group here for clones?  (This topic has come up before.)

I would call it something like one of...

   lugnet.off-topic.clones
   lugnet.off-topic.off-brands
   lugnet.off-topic.imitations

...because (this being an Internet site for the benefit of those who enjoy
building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, and exchanging
information about LEGO® brand toys) anything non-LEGO® (including clones) is
technically off-topic here.

A dedicated group for clone brands would give people who care about them a
clear place to do so without offending purists*.

It's important to me that we are as careful as possible not to let any clone
information accidentally leak into the databases here or into groups like
lugnet.reviews.

--Todd

* Going from the data gathered question #2 at
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/survey/results/part1.html
more than nine out of ten people taking the survey indicated that they don't
buy any other brands of plastic building blocks besides LEGO®.  Moreover,
four out of ten people responded that they wished all other brands would
disappear off the face of the Earth.