 General / 2324
Re: Clones & Tente
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:10:29 GMT

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:39:22 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Tente fails One utterly. 0% Fails Two utterly as well. Only in Three is
there any congruence, and even there, much of Tente is to a much smaller
scale. Certainly all ships. Only the trucks are similar to Minifig
scale, but even then, they are closer to realistic scale (a truck seats
3 people across, but the people are much smaller than one minifig.
Implied, not certain, because no figs are supplied.) So I'd even score
it 0% there.

But Tente could be considered a clone, because it is based on a
top-stud-joining-brick-bottom system.  But it's 0% compatible.

As opposed to K'nex, which is 0% clone, 100% competitor.

Steve