 General / 2323
Re: TLG == Lego ? "Yes" : "No"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:06:48 GMT

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 04:40:52 GMT, "Janet Zorn" <lighthouse@bonzai.net>
wrote:

Funny, but that is sort of what a "shell" (little s) corporation does.

Right, the Shell companies are shell companies.

Maybe they've really taken the name to heart.

The inactives seem to be ventures that didn't pan out, but Shell doesn't
want to totally dissolve the incorporation.  Maybe they'll think they
can use them later.

Maybe it's the corporate equivalent to a lawyer saying "we won't pursue
this matter for now."  Never totally close the door to anything.

Steve