 General / 2271
Re: TLG == Lego ? "Yes" : "No"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:30:09 GMT

In article lugnet.general, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
Folks,

What is the difference between the Lego Group (TLG) and Lego as a company?
The latter (I assume) manufactures Lego products, while the former sounds like
an investment group.  TLG seems to hold all the copyrights, etc.

Isn't Lego privately owned?  Is it, then, privately traded?  Are TLG and Lego
one and the same?

This question is going to keep me awake all night.  :-P

The Lego Group (a.k.a. "TLG") is a multinational conglomerate (if that's the
right term) and is the "parent" company of approximately 40-50 companies.

Companies in the Lego Group have names like LEGO Systems Inc., LEGOLAND
California Inc., LEGO Canada Inc., LEGO Japan Ltd., LEGO U.K. Limited, LEGO
Dacta Lernmittel GmbH, etc.

--Todd

p.s.  I think Shell is also officially the Shell Group of companies.