 General / 22603
Re: LEGO Stegosaurus Sculpture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:48:59 GMT

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:56:36 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek"
<lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Stephen A. Campbell writes:
Henry Lim wrote:

Well boys and girls, I'm finally done with my large scale, LEGO dinosaur
sculpture.  Come check it out...

http://www.geocities.com/droideka13/Stegosaurus.html

Holy Cow! Can anyone say "resume piece?" I knew you could. I hope the
higher-ups at LEGO get a chance to see this and hire you before you have to
-gasp- take it apart.

The smart thing for LEGO to do would be to buy the scupture, install it at
the park, replace your bricks (in ornage, black, and gray), and commission
a Triceretops. Or two.

I can't quite recall, but this steg may actually be bigger than the one at LIC
Mall of America. (or maybe I am misremembering... they do have dinosaurs there
but maybe not a steg...)

No misteak in your memory Larry :^)
There is a red and gray steg in the big planter like section that has
the "Do Not Sit or Climb On" signs.  It's kinda in the middle of the
back side of the planter away from the shop it self.   The LIC steg
looks like its sitting on a raised floor section, probably 6-8 inches
or so.  I have to say that its between 4 and 4 & 1/2 feet tall ( I
wasn't going to climb in and find out :^).  I didn't get a good feel
for the length  or there about's, than its definably shorter than 14
feet, that's pretty certain, at a guess probably about 10-12 feet.

Biggest or not it's the coolest. I think what I like best is the color
blending, the way the green goes to yellow which eventually goes to white.
Now, surely, that was in order to get the bucket colors to work out but it
looks really really good.

I most definitely like the colors on Henry's better myself

That would be the SMART thing.

And LEGO, just in case you were wondering, the STUPID thing would be to let
Henry take it apart...

They may not be reading here, so maybe you ought to cross post?

SteveC

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!