 General / 22042
Re: Interesting Article about LEGO collecting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:48:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marina Artamonova writes:
Kinda off topic but i was wondering... how much do you guys spend on Lego per
month? It is addictive, and now when I jumped into it (BrickBay, bidding on
eBay) i realized that i spent quite a lot for just one month on Lego...
hmmm... got to stop and establish some pattern here... even being a dotcommer
has its money limitations :)... how do you guys manage this?
Marina

Since I left my (not too) dark age four years ago, I've spend in average 500 $
per month.  :-(
That's the bad side, but during the last 12 month after a move my appartment
seemed too small for my collection and I started to sell stuff that didn't fit
into my train-collection. I found it easy to make money and now I often buy any
cheap set I can get for trades and resales. In total my collection didn't
shrink at all (in fact it grows faster than ever, what appears as the main Lego
collectors problem sooner or later), but I don't spend money for my hobby any
more. I just use the money I've won in deals before. And I think lots of us do
it this way. We behave just like small crack dealers: finance our own addiction
by selling a part of the drugs to people, who might become addicts of the stuff
too... And one day the world will be full of AFOLs.  :-)
Kind Regards,

Ben