 General / 22041
Re: LegOz 2000.7 in Melbourne and LegOz 2000.8 in Sydney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:17:49 GMT

Hey,
I might come, e-mail me the details so my mum can read it though!

Later,
James

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Okay...It's getting nearer...

LegOz 2000.7 [Vic 2] (Oh yes, and LegOz 2000.8 [Syd/NSW])

For those of you out there who have no idea what I'm on about...read on [and
those who do know can also read on if they wish :) especially if the want
dates/times/locations.]

LegOz is a time when Lego enthusiasts in Australia get together to show
creations they've built, trade/sell their extra items, and meet each other.
Occasionally they also involve war-gaming with mini-figs, or creation of
large train layouts as well. These events have been running every so often
since the start of the year, and are generally held at the home of a
collector [although the Sydney group have also had one in a school hall.] As
to the numbering...at present this is how we differentiate between events.
The numbers give the year of the event, and a number to tell where in the
sequence of events it fits in [1 is the first event of the year, 2 is the
second, etc.]. I'm hoping that sometime soon we'll work out a way to number
the events on a state-by-state or group-by-group basis instead of an
Australia wide numbering system. [1]

Now, why did I bring all this up...because the Second Melbourne/Victorian
get-together is approaching rapidly [and so is the 3rd or 4th Sydney/NSW one
too]. For those of you out there who have seen all these people talking
about lego, but have been too shy/unable to post messages on lugnet, and who
live in one of the regions mentioned, it's a great chance to meet some of
the people behind the names, as well as to get building ideas and
parts/sets. Oh, and don't worry about age limits...there's duplo and a
little primo at the Vic one for the youngsters to play with, and for
parents...you won't be the only person there who isn't a collector. This all
well and good I hear you say, but where are these events, and when are they?

For those in Melbourne/Victoria:
LegOz 2000.7