 Local / Australia / 2968
Re: LegOz 2000.7 in Melbourne and LegOz 2000.8 in Sydney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:41:38 GMT

A possible alternate method might be to use the state's area code as a
prefix, like the phone numbers.

Perhaps it's age or perhaps it's because I do information modelling for a
living but ...

1. Why do we want to number these things anyway?

2. What is the criteria that makes a Lego-related event worthy of being a
LegOz numbered event?

You see, I'm really worried about last Sunday breakfast. There we were, 4
AFOLs eating breakfast at Walkabout Creek and feeding the butcher birds. Did
we just have LegOz-4061-2000-09-10 and not even realise it????

And I met Timothy Gould at lunch today. I guess that must have been ...
LegOz-4072-2000-09-14!

And our expedition to the Lego display at Pacific Fair on Sunday will be ...
LegOz-4218-2000-10-17!

Here I am using a numbering system incorporating post code and date. Of
course, it doesn't handle the possibility of two events taking place within
the postcode on the same date. So, I think I'll change it to use phone
number instead of post code.

So last Sunday was LegOz-07-3300-4855-2000-09-10 and next Sunday will be ...
LegOz-07-5539-8774-2000-09-17

Of course, it could be that two groups go independently to the Lego display
at Pacific Fair. Maybe we should use the home phone number of the organiser
instead. But what if they organised two events on the same day. Damn it, we
need to include the start time too. So that makes last Sunday's breakfast
LegOz-07-3300-4855-2000-09-10-09-30 and ...

Well, I'm glad to have solved that problem for you!

Kerry