 General / 22052
Re: Interesting Article about LEGO collecting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:03:19 GMT

Marina Artamonova wrote:

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main writes:
In the August 2000 issue of Antiques and Collecting Magazine, there is an
article abour LEGO collecting that highlights Brian Styles' (LUGNET
member?) collection.  Of particular interest is the statement that Mr. Styles
insured his collection of 700 sets through the National Association of
Collectors for $60,000.

Here's the article citation:

A passionate collector. Jennifer Slawson. Antiques & Collecting Magazine,
Chicago; Aug 2000; Vol. 105, Iss. 6; pg. 14, 2 pgs

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Kinda off topic but i was wondering... how much do you guys spend on Lego per
month? It is addictive, and now when I jumped into it (BrickBay, bidding on
eBay) i realized that i spent quite a lot for just one month on Lego...
hmmm... got to stop and establish some pattern here... even being a dotcommer
has its money limitations :)... how do you guys manage this?
Marina

Well, for me, it has been about $400/month for the last 2 years (damn German
EBAY!).  And prior to that, it has been about $200/month (since 1980!!!).

Gary Istok