 General / 2078
Re: MiniFig Ponderings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:13:22 GMT

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:34:26 GMT, "Janet Zorn" <lighthouse@bonzai.net>
wrote:
Right. I'd really like to make some slightly taller minifigs. You can
make giants by putting in 1x2s, but the minifig studs are too big to
add a plate which would be a more normal variation.

The original minifigs, which had just slightly altered 1*2*1 2/3
bricks as legs and body (with arms legs molded in, not movable, no
hands) had regulars studs. I believe they only produced thos for a
couple of years, before switching to the current style of minifigs.
They probably ran tests and decided that regular studs didn't wortk
well enough :)

Jasper