 General / 2038
Re: MiniFig Ponderings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:22:15 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
Jim Baker writes:
Incidently, the modern direction of Lego, with ever more action-oriented
sets, underscores a crucial failing: minifigs suck as action figures.
They are far better as symbolic placeholders than as dolls, which is
what real action figures really are.
*wrbrldrbl*wrbrldrbl*wrbrldrbl* (head shaking sound fx)
That was a bit of a wet slap, albeit, IMO, a correct one. Don't forget to
nicely .dear-lego your point Jim. Maybe that'll wake a few TLG folks up!

I'm not so sure we want Lego action figures.  Chances are, if they give
up on minifigs, they'd use some other existing doll for the action
figures -- and the choices are Scala and Belleville.

In other words, *oowhuwhuwhuwhuwhuhuhu* (body shuddering sound fx :-)

I appreciate it when other do what I call "bodymonopoeia" :)

I guess I should have been clearer: I don't think TLG is ready to retire
minifigs so I thought such a message might get them back on the minifig track.
But speaking of track, if there was any other new evidence other than Town Jr.
that TLG was ever headed down that "play-oriented only" track, it would be
trains.

I hope they don't abandon minifigs. I don't have the room to build things for
the technic figs like I've done for the mini's.

-Tom McD.