 General / 2017
Re: MiniFig Ponderings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:52:45 GMT

Also sprach Tim McSweeney:
: Yeah, Yeah I know, I was talking about the philosophical start. Is that when
: the rot first set in but it's took a long time to reach critical mass,
: (Which it did just recently :)

I don't think so.  Having people to live in the environments children
create expands the creative potential of the toy.  It adds the dimension
of plot to an already excellent building/spatial relations toy.

Incidently, the modern direction of Lego, with ever more action-oriented
sets, underscores a crucial failing: minifigs suck as action figures.
They are far better as symbolic placeholders than as dolls, which is
what real action figures really are.

/ _ _ / _ _  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============