 General / 2039
Re: gender changers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:54:11 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
I'm glad that Lego is finally (appearing) to do this.  I don't know of • them
anywhere else in their products....I know there is a clone (forget the • name) a
friend had where it offered very slim 2x2's with studs on both sides, • and also
the same for 1x1 round pieces.  For the male to male, there was a part
slightly thicker than a 2x2 that accepted studs in both ends.  We have • found
these very useful..

Tyco made the 2x2 flat with studs on both sides.  I have a few, they are
cool pieces.

Tyco also made some 2x2 hinges that are 1 brick high (I think, don't
have them here with me).  They can hold a lot more weight before closing
than the Lego flat hinges in my experience (I use them for angled wings
on spacecraft).