 General / 1951
Re: gender changers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:00:29 GMT

Robert M. Dye writes:
Hey to all.

I just bought my first throwbots sets. I don't know if I will buy more,
or not. Most likely not, unless I find that some of the pieces are
especially useful.

But...

One thing I noticed is that some of the pieces allow connection of studs
that are directly opposed to each other.

Does anyone know if there are other pieces that do this? Are there
pieces that would allow you to connect two arches together, one 180
degrees from the other (thus, the piece would be male on both sides).

How about the other direction? Are there other pieces that will allow
connection of two studs 180 degrees opposed?

I'm glad that Lego is finally (appearing) to do this.  I don't know of them
anywhere else in their products....I know there is a clone (forget the name) a
friend had where it offered very slim 2x2's with studs on both sides, and also
the same for 1x1 round pieces.  For the male to male, there was a part
slightly thicker than a 2x2 that accepted studs in both ends.  We have found
these very useful..

..anyone for a 'Lego and morality' thread ;)

-Tim