 General / 14102
Re: funny ebay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:27:29 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Julie Krenz wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=228495214
The closing price of $1.50 for 16 black 1x2s & $3.50 shipping
is not the funny

c /not the funny/not the funniest/ as it's certainly ridiculous to pay
over 5 bucks for that many 1x2s (after you factor in the cost of a stamp
to mail your check)...

... stet, on Larry's correction.  If you read it as it was meant to be spoken
("funny part" as a single term as well as the subject of the sentence), it's fine
even if it isn't the expositorily most-favored variant.  In any case, I found the
$5 total for 16 black 1x2 bricks to be far funnier.  For all the USPS might
complain about electronic communication taking money away from standard post,
this auction stands as a testament to providing them revenue.  ;)

part of the auction I'm referring to. Click on "not" in the auction and see
where it takes you.
Julie

That IS amusing, though.

I'd prefer if they used "naught."  Along with "ought" it's a sadly underused
-ough- word.  I'd also prefer if we would "naught" get snow today; they're
predicting 6-10 inches for central New Jersey.  I left MI to get AWAY from this!

best,

Lindsay