 Off-Topic / Fun / 4176
Re: SNOW (was funny ebay auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:14:29 GMT

James Brown wrote:

This can't be true story... I've been to Thunder Bay - it isn't near anything.

That is just flat out not true. It is too "near something"... near the
end of the earth.

We (my inlaws and their friends) own a cabin (well, technically 99 year
crown lease) at mile 180 1/2 Algoma Central railway. That's a wayback
spot, you can't drive to within 10 miles of it, you can only walk,
train, canoe or fly in. The cabin itself is the other side of a lake and
you have to bring a motor with you, but there are boats always left on
the embankment. No running water, no electricity, and definitely no
phones.

THAT's not near anything.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar