 Off-Topic / Fun / 4174
Re: SNOW (was funny ebay auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:45:39 GMT

Yup, I know.  She was wondering how we could possibly call (and I quote) "a
mere -20" cold, and claimed that if she could see over the snowbanks, winter
wasn't there yet.

Winterpegians are twisted, evil things. ;)

Don't worry, the biggest shock I ever got was in '97.  I left Victoria on the
15th of Jan, went home via "The Canadian" (quite nice, and relatively cheap for
a under 25er).  Got on in Vancouver, it was +10C and raining, got off in
LongLac Ontario (look it up, its 'near' Thunder Bay).  Got off, at 3AM, plied
into the station (thank goodness there is a station, and it is left open all
the time...)  It was -43C...The walk up to the bus stop at 8 AM was kind of
cold...

James