 Off-Topic / Fun / 4178
Re: SNOW (was funny ebay auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 05:45:17 GMT

John Neal wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

James Brown wrote:

This can't be true story... I've been to Thunder Bay - it isn't near anything.

That is just flat out not true. It is too "near something"... near the
end of the earth.

We (my inlaws and their friends) own a cabin (well, technically 99 year
crown lease) at mile 180 1/2 Algoma Central railway. That's a wayback
spot, you can't drive to within 10 miles of it, you can only walk,
train, canoe or fly in. The cabin itself is the other side of a lake and
you have to bring a motor with you, but there are boats always left on
the embankment. No running water, no electricity, and definitely no
phones.

You mean you can't even get cell coverage? <shudder> ;-)

Neh, just get those snazzy satellite phones.  We're going to have to start burrowing
(lugnet.underground) or flying (lugnet.space) if we want to get away, soon enough.

best,

Lindsay (who agrees that Thunder Bay is pretty doggone remote.)