 General / 13899
Re: Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Colin R Gutierrez wrote:

Paul Baulch wrote:

Perhaps, in some cases, not so much "juniorised" as "prefabricated". Hmmmm,
still sounds a bit derogatory.

       Maybe we need more than one term.  Parts like "juniorized" walls
could
be called prefabricated, but I think "over-specialized" is more acurate
for things like Insecturds legs and pre-printed Egyptian sloped walls.

The terms you're looking for are POOP and SPUD.

POOP: "piece out of pieces" -- prefab, juniorized
SPUD: "special-purpose, unlegoish/useless/ugly, decorative" -- over-specialized

Steve