 General / 13791
Re: Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:33:01 GMT

I'm fourteen. When I was nine, I had Super Nintendo, I played with action
figures, I had computer games. There is no difference now, excepet that the
graphics are better. I don't think a kid today cannot build a set from the
1980's. My brother hates the new LEGO junk, and only likes playing with my
older sets from the early and mid-1990's. LEGO changed, for the worse. I
didn't mind when they started putting in faces other than smileys (I liked it
back then, but it has now goten WAY out of hand), I didn't mind BURPs when
they first came in 1992. I didn't think the new windows were that bad in 1994
either. And I actually liked the change from grey to green in Town. But now
they have taken it too far. I will not be buying many more new sets. LEGO has
little life left in them. Adventurers sets are decent, so are Artic. TECHNIC
remains a wonderful theme, but they have redesigned the whole theme to new
types of pieces, though piece counts remain high and the sets do do the same
things. I hate all the licenseing stuff. I don't need Star Wars LEGO or Disney
LEGO. LEGO is supposed to be original. What happened LEGO? From now on, most
of my LEGO purchasing will be through eBay. LEGO Direct is the only hope left.