 General / 13827
Re: Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:53:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Catena writes:

Actually, it turns out some of Lego's own themes (Rock Raiders, UFO, et al.)
are far more juniorized and prefab and single-use than some Star Wars sets.
I've managed to reuse a significant percentage of the pieces from the Naboo
Swamp, Tie Fighter/Y-Wing, Sith Interceptor, Flash Speeder, Desert Skiff, and
Slave I in my own creations. I couldn't care less for the theme (not _really_
true, I won't be disassembling the Tie Interceptor for a while, but true as
far as specialized Lego goes), but it appears that they got some good
designers in for many of the Star Wars sets, and made interesting models out
of mostly standard parts.

And, even if you don't like Star Wars, most of the Models are *great*.  And the
UCS models should be keepers for everyone!  :)

Jeff