 General / 13823
Re: Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:09:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark A. Herzberg writes:
I'm fourteen.

I'm 28. :)

I hate all the licenseing stuff. I don't need Star Wars LEGO or Disney LEGO.
LEGO is supposed to be original. What happened LEGO? From now on, most of my
LEGO purchasing will be through eBay. LEGO Direct is the only hope left.

Actually, it turns out some of Lego's own themes (Rock Raiders, UFO, et al.)
are far more juniorized and prefab and single-use than some Star Wars sets.
I've managed to reuse a significant percentage of the pieces from the Naboo
Swamp, Tie Fighter/Y-Wing, Sith Interceptor, Flash Speeder, Desert Skiff, and
Slave I in my own creations. I couldn't care less for the theme (not _really_
true, I won't be disassembling the Tie Interceptor for a while, but true as far
as specialized Lego goes), but it appears that they got some good designers in
for many of the Star Wars sets, and made interesting models out of mostly
standard parts.

The new Castle sets are actually less reusable for other themes than the Star
Wars sets. Even the Star Wars minifigs, which make great peasants.