 General / 1189
Re: Contest Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:10:32 GMT

Felix Greco wrote:
The Ancient Lego theme seemed to be a smashing success, and that was judged by
one person if I'm not mistaken.  Were there any problem with that?

If over 1 dozen entries is a smashing success (1) I agree.

You put up the prizes, you run the contest any way you want. Get Todd to
participate, he runs the CLSotW pretty non controversially. But I think
rather than one man, one vote, it should be one prize, one vote. Solicit
prizes from others and have them judge sub categories that they award
the prize for. (but coordinated as one contest to cut down on logistics)

This also will get you more entries if there are more prizes.

I'd be willing to stump up some prize or another (how about 20 dragon
wings, now THERE's a prize, eh?? :-)  ) for a good cause.

1 - and I think it is

2 - when's the last time you heard someone complaining about the CLSotW
pick? (3)

3 - except me, of course, you people made me wait FAR too long :-).

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.