 General / 1129
Re: Contest Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 05:11:07 GMT

Terry Keller writes:

Not having actual prizes would help minimize the impulse of someone to
cheat.
I like to think the people here are mature enough to not have to stoop
to such stupid things anyway.
I believe there are ways to check email origins to filter out
duplicate submissions.

I'd like to generate interest, and I'm not sure if only having a spiffy award
icon would inspire people to build something as cool as... oh I don't know... a
ULV-017 (I loved it m'man).

Having a rule that only one vote per email address might be the best way to go.
Granted, I'm no computer wiz, but it seems to me the only way you could cheat
would be to get some friends or family to vote for you.

I can't afford a huge prize, but I do feel inclined to put something up. As for
myself, just knowing other great builders respected my stuff would be prize
enough.  Hopefully, contestants would feel the same way.

The Ancient Lego theme seemed to be a smashing success, and that was judged by
one person if I'm not mistaken.  Were there any problem with that?

You pal,

Felix