 General / 1118
Re: Contest Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 01:49:59 GMT

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:18:51 GMT, "Felix Greco" <pgreco77@ufl.edu>
wrote:

Jeff Stembel writes:

I like the voting idea myself, but you'd need someway to make sure people only
vote once (1).

I would rather do the voting method but it seems like with Email there would be
too many ways to get lots of votes in.  Not to say I don't trust anyone, but I
would like to set this up as fair as possible.

Not having actual prizes would help minimize the impulse of someone to
cheat.
I like to think the people here are mature enough to not have to stoop
to such stupid things anyway.
I believe there are ways to check email origins to filter out
duplicate submissions.   That would solve the problem, unless some
Super-Hacker Mastermind like Marilou decided to tackle it (1)

-- Terry K --
1.  Tongue firmly in cheek