 General / *2730 (-20)
  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Jeroen Ottens <ottens@get2net.dk> wrote in message news:01be5bf5$c3413b...@ottens... (...) through (...) good (...) I haven't bought any MT sets, even when I've seen great deals (like 5591 for $80ish at Zany Brainy). I like the idea of MT, but would (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) I don't collect Model Team, so this does not help me. I am a Space/Town junky so this would not be a good direction for me. (...) I think it would be a good thing to re-release old sets, but I won't hold my breath. I can't see the logistics of (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Hi Jeroen, (...) [snip] (...) There is not that big a difference between kids and adults as you or your market research department might think, IMHO. (...) So what's that supposed to mean? The human race develops by thousands of years. IMHO kids are (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) I know you won't be able to provide numbers to us, but I'd be curious to see how the newer Jr-ish style of sets sell in comparison to the older sets which were, unarguably, of better quality. As for "kids have developed as well" - if by that (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) Don't forget, almost every single AFOL is a fan because they played with Lego when they were a kid. The stunning success of Mindstorms suggests that Lego aimed at adults (unintentionally in this case) will be very successful. Adults need to (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) Isn't that how QA works in the LEGO factories? Each baggie of parts is weighed as a check that it contains the right pieces (because the correct total weight is known). If weighing small, heterogeneous bags works, weighing large, homogeneous (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) For a lot of people, this is true. A lot of people seem to complain about the lack of basic bricks, and also the use of decorated/specialized bricks that are only good for very special uses. However, some people also think that many old sets (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Webpage

(...) the attention to detail/duplication on the applicator models is very impressive! ..jg (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

I am not sure if anybody has made this comment regarding bulk prices yet so here goes. In order to make this worthwhile I think you have to look at the auto part industry example. Car X retails for $Y. The part price for all parts in Car X would (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) Lego may develop for kids, not adults, but Lego still spent the time, money, and other resources to make us Lego Maniacs when we were kids. It doesn't seem to make much sense to give up on a valued customer just because they reach a certain (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sets with garage doors?

(...) Lets see, there was the Ice Planet 2002 Large Ship, there were several in the 1984 model year, the shipping yard, the newest airport from 1994 model year, there are a lot of them over the years, look through Pause for town sets, and it should (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service

(...) Ah, but conversely, why should he _post_ a response to something he thinks is spam? Totally pointless, and just increases the disruption caused by a spam. Anyway, people should think before they post. They sometimes seem to forget that they're (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) Jeroen, I think this (lugnet.general) is a good place. If it starts taking up too much of your time to read this general group, however, or if other people at LEGO Futura would like to join in or follow along and really turn this into an (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36d93a07.86778262@l...et.com>... (...) black, (...) Something tells me trying to tell the difference between pieces that small and light would really suck. HTH? Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  TLG investigation 1st answers

Hi everybody, Thanks (again) for your overwhelming responses. I have had over 100 responses within 4 days and still counting... A lot of questions have been asked, most of them I can't answer unfortunately. All questions regarding comments to be (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) Just like counting out coins: Just weigh 'em. HTH. Jasper (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) Maybe they were old parts packs? I have one or two roof parts packs from before my Dark Ages, and I happen to have 8 or so, I think, 3 * 3 low corner slopes (in red). Not the reverse slopes, unfortunately :) Jasper (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Webpage

(...) Your town layout especially blew me away. I'd love to see more pics of the trestle, the larger buildings, and the (artificial?) ski-slope-lift - does it actually work?!? Could you stop by lugnet.publish & tell us something about your (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Webpage

(...) Joe! You da man! That's some of the best LEGO photography I've seen in long time. (Incredible models too. :) What kind of camera do you use? --Todd (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Maxifig heads with a history

(...) He! I got that set a while back in some obscure little shop. It still had the original price (Nlg 3 = approx. USd 1.3) and the box was unopened! Saddly, I had to ask my girlfriend for the money, cause I just spent my last guilder on a Coke in (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact