 Fun / 336
Re: New Crossword Puzzle: 003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:26:55 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hi all,

I've made another interactive crossword puzzle here at LUGNET. You'll notice by
the clues that it's made with the LEGO enthusiast in mind. It runs in Java and
has features for checking your puzzle as you go and for help filling in words
that might be too hard.

There is also a print version for those who prefer it. The puzzle and its
solution are on separate pages. Feel free to print and distribute it at your
next LUG meeting!

java: http://www.lugnet.com/puzzles/crossword/003/
print: http://www.lugnet.com/puzzles/crossword/003/print.html

-Suz

  Thanks for the cool puzzle!  It was trickier than previous ones, and while
I won't spoil it for anyone reading this, I wish it had more Space refereces
(SW doesn't count).  I think I suggested it before: have each newsgroup do a
puzzle.  Once a week a new newsgroup has it's puzzle displayed, and every
(50? 60?) weeks the list starts over again, meaning each newsgroup only
needs to do it once a year on average.  It would also promote people to
"de-lurk" and to become more involved with Lugnet.  Once again, thanks for
all three great puzzles!