 Fun / 129
Re: New LUGNET Feature: Crossword Puzzles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 15:19:28 GMT

Nice job Suzanne,
I enjoyed this quite a bit.  I'm not too good at crossword puzzles, but I
enjoyed this one.  How hard can it be, if you can just click on one that you
are having trouble with and click "reveal"? :-)

I loved it.
-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com>
To: <lugnet.announce@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.fun@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 5:12 PM
Subject: New LUGNET Feature: Crossword Puzzles

Hi all,

I've made an interactive crossword puzzle on a web page here at LUGNET.
You'll notice by the clues that it's made with the LEGO enthusiast in
mind. It runs in Java and has features for checking your puzzle as you go
and for help filling in words that might be too hard.

There is also a print version for those who prefer it. The puzzle and its
solution are on separate pages. Feel free to print this out and distribute
it at your next LUG meeting!

java: http://www.lugnet.com/puzzles/crossword/001/
print: http://www.lugnet.com/puzzles/crossword/001/print.html

A few more puzzles are being polished up now and I have ideas for some
which will be "themed." I'm considering making this a weekly release.

I look forward to reading your comments in the lugnet.fun area.
Particularly about whether you found the puzzle to be too hard or too
easy, any printing trouble, etc. Clues and wordlists are also welcome if
you'd like to help (mail those straight to me at suz@baseplate.com).

Have fun!

-Suzanne