 Fun / 130
Re: New LUGNET Feature: Crossword Puzzles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 20:22:41 GMT

I liked it. I thought it was hard, but that's because I'm used to
American-style crosswords where every white square has two clues. This is
set up like an English-style cryptic crossword, except that, fortunately,
the clues are not cryptic! I liked that it looks professionally set (no
short words, complete symmetry).

I liked that it incorporates many different themes; if it was, for instance,
all Castle themed, I'd probably skip it (since I know not Castle).

Now for some nits: I thought that "1 down" had two completely plausable
answers; the alternate answer would put an 'R' in the first square and a 'C'
in the third.

I don't know if all of the answers were intentionally single words, but this
smacked of very old style crosswords (before the sixties); word phrases are
completely legit and may allow some more Lego-isms in place of ordinary
words. But maybe this is a restriction of the Crossword Compiler software.

Overall, it's great, and it took me three sittings to solve. I look forward
to working another.

Cary