 Fun / 1152
Re: LEGO themed tattoos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:08:59 GMT

BUT that's when the mocking starts.

the only spell checker I have is "built in" and uses an American
Dictionary.  Ergo,  it will force Cheque into Check. or colour into
color.

this does not even take into account my liberal use of made up words.

like schmee, or fipple, or snarf.

schmee, and snarf are of the same family.  if we were in the same room,
and I was sawing away at a bit of lumber the schmee left on the floor is
called snarf.   if i pointed to it, and said, "I have to clean up this
snarf"  you would know what i was talking about.

forever more,  we could chat about snarf.

like the schmee that gets thrown out of my rice picking lego robots....
is snarf.

Fipple is a made up word to describe a part of the body that has no
"real" name.

the little cup under your nose, above your lip has no real name.

it needed a name.... So fipple is now what it is called.

many generations of university students of this one particular professor
would know what I was talking about.

hopefully many lego people now will as well.

English, the ever evolving language.

Unlike french, which refuses to "play."   Why cant they just accept that
it is a VCR and not a magnétoscope

Chris

<mock>

The area above your upper lip and below your nose already has a name -
Philtrum:
http://www.worldcf.org/upper.html and
http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?query=philtrum

Snarf: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=snarf

Fipple: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fipple

and finally, Schmee (as style of music or musical artist):
http://www.brothercake.com/music/schmee.php

You'll have to come up with new nonsense words if you're gonna get a patent
on them!

</mock>

Prof. Rob