 FAQ / 81
Re: Working sketch of FAQ item data format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:30:22 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.faq, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
Refer: title.en.faq
What does the Refer header mean?

Would "Include" be better?

Say, due to what we figured out on the other thread, we can nix the
Locations and Newsgroups headers, and just keep the Subject and Author
headers.

Sure, it looks like you're able to efficiently distinguish between a ng and a
non-ng directory.

But doesn't the date belong on the same line is the author?...
  Version: 19960123 Todd Lehman
or...
  Version: 19960123.0230 Todd Lehman

The top line looks good.  I doubt we'd need the time-of-day stamp very often,
if at all.  Would it be possible to make it optional?

(Need some word like 'history' or 'version' or 'revision' that covers both
the initial writing and subsequent updates.)

"Revision" sounds good.

<FILE NAME="/faq/lugnet/market/auction/awareness/title.en.faq">
Refer: ../title.en.faq
Why does this index file refer to the index file in the parent directory?

Probably obsolete -- it's getting the parent directory's localized name.

Cheers,
- jsproat