 FAQ / 189
Re: Working sketch of FAQ item data format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 22:38:09 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
One example purpose that an exclude might serve could be saying from the top
level that everything is included by default, but the .off-topic hierarchy
is excluded by default.  That seems simpler to me than having each entry in
the .off-topic hierarchy state that it doesn't go into the root (below some
threshold).

What you're talking about sounds more like an inherited directory filter
than a header exclude.  Hmmm, could this be solved by placing a token file
at strategic spots in the directory structure?

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."