 FAQ / 79
Re: I'll volunteer for the LEGO FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:22:39 GMT

Sproaticus (jsproat@geocities.com) wrote:
Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote:
For example, maybe one file for each question, formatted like so:

   Newsgroups: [list of newsgroups (wildcards permitted)
                that this question and its answer would appear in]
   Subject: [this is the question]
   Category: [named section; further modifies section
              implied by newsgroup]

Also:
       Subcategory: [subcategory depth 1]
       Subcategory: [subcategory depth 2]
etc.

I don't think so. We should rather choose a separator for
category levels:

   Category: [category] / [subcategory depth 1] / ...

Plus, some kind of tags at the beginning and ending of each FAQ entry would
make parsing it much easier IMO.

Makes sense.

I'm kind of split on whether to use HTML within the text.  The plus = better
formatting on a Web page.  The minus = worse formatting when converted into
plain text.  Will this be an HTML-only FAQ?

Lets use HTML. We can always use "lynx -dump" to generate
plain text from the HTML edition. It is much harder to go
the other way.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --