 FAQ / 58
57  |  59
Subject:
I'll volunteer for the LEGO FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:37:25 GMT

"G. Crisp" wrote:
Beaker was working on one, but he changed jobs or something and could no longer
spend the time.  It was suggested that he post what he had done here and we
could all work on it together.  Want to take the challenge?  If you have some
material, post it here and we can get this puppy going!

Sure, I'm up for the challenge, at least to get it off the ground.  I'm
seriously psyched on this, I can put the time into it right now, and I think
it'd be loads of fun.  Also, I learned a lot about how to and how *not* to
build one with the GNU Pilot SDK FAQ.  :-P  I'm not co much concerned with
getting it into a perldbm form as I am about getting content up and
available to the general public.  I feel the format of the FAQ should be
generic enough to facilitate its migration into a more sophisticated
database later.

Todd, do you have any plans for where the FAQ would reside, and roughly what
limits you'd want on material?  e.g. would you like a combination of already
existing FAQs, or do you want it geared more towards LUGNET-specific items?
Any chance for a FAQ search engine when the FAQ is published?

I do like Beaker's idea about multiple FAQs.  (1)  A modular approach would
help not only in maintaining different (potentially large) sets of
information, but is also a little friendlier for the reader.

...What happened to Jim Baker?  Does he or anyone else have a copy of the
material he compiled, and would it be considered rude for me to use it?  Did
Jeff Thompson ever receive the material?  (2)

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.faq:20

2.  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.faq:4

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  The California Chapter of Everyone wants to send either the
secret organization known simply as "the overpaid boxing champions", or a
band of shambling mounds from Atlantis (we're not sure who), to Columbia.