 FAQ / 62
Re: I'll volunteer for the LEGO FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:19:51 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.faq, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
I do like Beaker's idea about multiple FAQs.  (1)
1.  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.faq:20
Hmm, I thought that multiple FAQs was my idea 12 days prior to that.  :-=(
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.general:1669

Whoop, there it is.  My bad.  Lemme get your emoticon a hankie.

:-{
<)

:-)

...What happened to Jim Baker?
Dunno.  :-(  Disappeared or something.  I wrote him in February and March
and then just a few days ago and still no answer.

I BC'd him in the post where I volunteered, so if that e-mail address is
still being read, he'll see it too.

This disappearance suggests that it is probably a good idea to post stuff
here regularly, so that unfinished business can be picked up and worked on
by anyone who has some time to volunteer.  In the absence of a groupware-
assisted solution to the many-cooks problem, people could declare their
intentions via e-mail or posting here, and whoever wants to be a Faqmesiter
for a section of the FAQ could stay in touch with them.  Would that work OK?

That works great for me.  I won't be able to put a long-term commitment into
the FAQ, just a few months or so.  Having all the info in the newsgroup
would make it easier for someone to pick up where I will eventually leave
off.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  The universe wants to buy chicken-fried steak technology from
the pantheon of the gods of chaos.