 Events / BrickFest / *458 (-100)
  September Surprise?

Did Brad say if there was going to be a continuation of this monthly surprise pattern? Jude (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Agreed. Definitely not a "Train" since it's not badged as Train. Not sure I'd characterise it as even a small "t" train since it doesn't run on track, apparently. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) But the original box was badged Trains not Town... The metroliner had grey 1x4s in it, does that make it Classic Space? LEGO(r) set up different themes, LEGO decided how to organize them. LEGO decided that Town and Trains were different (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Scott Arthur writes: - snip - (...) You summarized what I was saying better than I could have. As for the "tiny step" with HP, I actually feel it is a pretty large step. At least now a train (no Larry, not a Train) will (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Pics on Brickshelf

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: OK these are now at (URL) you to pick and choose which ones to see. Thanks for your patience. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) First of all, I just want to say that you sure are a touchy guy. That said, on to my response. (...) No? When looking at the Metroliner box, I can clearly see at least half a dozen minifigs which are clearly Town. (...) I do. I am part of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

(...) No prob. I do have a few more to unload... tonite I hope. ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

(...) Finally I get to see the mountain. That is just awesome. Thanks again for posting. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

I do have a camera load of pics to upload. They are not going to have captions, etc, unf... as soon as brickshelf comes back I will upload. If it isn't back soon I will upload somewhere else but won't have time to do thumbnails etc, it will just be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGKL1z.LMu@lugnet.com... I (...) A tiny, yucky step. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Sorry about that! Not sure exactly why the duplicate post blocker wasn't working. I was posting from an airport payphone booth while waiting for my email to finish syncronising so I could get back in the Southwest cattle call line.(1) The (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Pictures

(...) Just went through Saturday's photos. Very nice. But, again, I got to the mountain pictures, and the links are broken. Everything from 1/2 way through page 6 and on is broken links. I still can't see this great mountain! I am getting very (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) I think he means that if he were to build a town, it would have a train station/line in it. I do not think he is saying that "Train" is part of "Town". For a long time I have thought (and said) that Train needs to move away from Town a little. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures

(...) I can now access the Saturday page, but I still can't view the mountain pictures or anything past that from Friday's page 2. Thanks. PLay well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Thank You :)

I just wanted to express my thanks to both the organizers (WAMALUG) and participants of Brickfest 2001. For starters, although I've been saying it all weekend, I'll say it one more time - Kudos to WAMALUG on putting this event together. It was very (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Pictures

before anyone says anything yes the names are running together. this is because geocities won't accept comma's in there names. this is a temperary thing the originals are properly done and will go up on my server when we move into the new house (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Why? LEGO(r) doesn't see it that way. LUGNET(tm) doesn't see it that way. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures

i posted this friday night i have authorized it on Sunday but have yet had a chance to upload the saturday pictures. there are no sunday pictures also for those who attended Brickfest. My attempts to match face with name seem to be some what of a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) low, (...) He's trying to make sure it gets through to Australia :-) Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) 15 min would have been better, but ya. :-) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Wow, I am seeing in triplicate! -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Yah, I figure that's an acceptable wait time before new sets are posted, don't you agree? :) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pictures

(...) Nice pictures, but it appears only 1.5 pages of Friday are there. All the other links are broken. This is terrible. You've wet my appetite, and now I can't see all the pictures. Help! Fix the links please! Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) True, but how difficult is that to do in practice? (Could be as simple as enter the details into the system, press send then press print, the worst possible case is filling in a form twice, not exactly a great effort). It's not as if no one (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) But surely if they warehouse some stuff in Australia (assumption!!), the import orders would be fairly large? ROSCO (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) So anyone bidding on this????? (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures

Brickfest 2001 Pictures: (URL) pictures are 680 x 480 but some are larger to show detail enjoy (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Demand curve is elastic... price too high, not enough units. Price too low, not enough profit... ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Demand curve is elastic... price too high, not enough units. Price too low, not enough profit... ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Demand curve is elastic... price too high, not enough units. Price too low, not enough profit... ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) I in turn suspect you haven't thought things through. Unless they run a fulfilment center, they have to do that doc for each and every order. (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) I in turn suspect you haven't thought things through. Unless they run a fulfilment center, they have to do that doc for each and every order. (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) The last time I checked, we had a very large balance of payments deficit... clearly, lots of companies - including a large Danish manufacturer of ABS bricks - are already managing to cope with our import requirements. Blame the government? Of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: August Surprise...

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Scott Sanburn writes: - snip - (...) Personally, I think of the Metroliner as being a town set. Sure it's a train, but trains are a part of town, IMO. Otherwise, I think 6390 Main Street would be a good candidate. (It (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) As it should be, except that I'd like to think that price point has a lot to do with the manufacturing and distribution process and less to do with what we AFOL will pay for stuff. (...) Very cool. Thanks for the reply, Larry! -- Hop-Frog (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) This has been my essential disappointment with the bulk selection so far and this 'upper limit' statement does not help instill my confidence. To me, being able to buy each brick or plate size individually is not worth it if I can't still get (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Sorry! I was trying to type it as fast as Brad said it, it was the end of the session and the questions were coming fast and furious. What Brad was getting as was this: The fact that 6 packs went to some one person at 110 means what? Nothing, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) IOW, they can only handle a finite number of SKUs at one time. This sounds like a warehousing, inventory, fufilment, catalog space issue. Probably also has something to do with how much stock value they are willing to endure at any one time. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

Hop-Frog, you will be happy to know I asked about the Cypress Trees specifically with you in mind. I asked about foliage and gave the example of the recent Ebay auction for 12 trees for $110 and stated that that should be a good indication of demand (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Camera 8

(...) I can just hear him now: "Damn kids! *grumble* Always leaving those damn LEGO bricks on the floor...*grumble, grumble*...how many times have I told them...*grumble* ...need to pick up their damn toys *grumble*... I ought to throw them all (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Camera 8

Is it me, or is there a security guard picking his feet in what appears to be a pirate room? (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) I hope not. (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Yes, this would be what we expect. A potential problem, however, is the current lack of information available from TLC[1]. It would be reasonable to assume that some bulk parts will be perennials[2], while others will have limited stock[3] or (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) I have always envisioned that this is how the bulk offering would work. Items would be made available for 12 months or so to be replaced with new offerings. We cannot expect Lego to warehouse hundreds of bulk products and continue to add more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Even I feel sometimes it's better to spend your money on something other than LEGO! (...) Let me get this straight. Your gf insists on going to Power Exchange and you are grumbling? I really don't understand men. BTW if you dress appropriately (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Larry, this post of yours was almost incoherent! But I think I spot the word "foliage" in there -- any chance we can know what is in the works? I mean, if you can spill the beans on Metroliner and the other car -- what can it hurt to tell us (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Uh oh. That sounds to me like, to get new stuff in they are going to have to drop some existing stuff out (once the limit is reached, whatever it is). IOW, buy what you need before it disappears, and if you don't realise you need it till it's (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) Ok. Who wants to draft the petition to canberra to get them to change this? :) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

Haha, To be disappointed, one must have expectations. And Until I see Australia on S@H's list of countries, I'm not going to give myself any expectations. Metroliners still being available then would be nice though. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

Kevin & All, (...) Definate possibility. That is too bad, I would have loved seeing either the 6399 or 6990 monorail come back. Those would have been ideal. Well, I hope maybe they can pull our the straight monorail mold and maybe make a 10 pack or (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Nooo...ooo! I want monorail! --Kyle (Totally bummed out that the motors are all gone ;-( ) PS who needs motors? Just give us track!! (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

He diddn't say they lost the dies for the track, he said they couldn't make the motors anymore. Maybe the company that supplied the parts went out of business? KL (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I am. That's why I'm surprised it's being examined. I personally wouldn't expect LEGO to revisit track geometry until the molds reached retirement. (If they even did so then.) Hunh. I'll leave further speculatin' to people more train-savvy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GGH67r.3ps@lugnet.com... (...) My speculation is that the doors and 1x2x2 panels (in the Club Car) with the red, white, and blue stripes will be decals instead of being printed as (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Welcome back to WLAR! We now return you to: "Live from Virginia, it's SATURDAY NIGHT!!!" :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) This is the internet age. Dan Boger shot digital pics of the cover art (which is huge), uploaded them to his linux laptop and updated the DB *from brickfest* all within about 20 min... ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

To All, (...) How in the world did the LUGNET database get updated this quickly? They are already there, the 10001 and 10002. Hats off the to LD, I think this is a great move. Let's see now, there is a castle legend set,a train legend set, and now (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I have no new info to offer... geometry was mentioned at the january summit as you know. Think about the tooling costs of something as large as a turnout, though! (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) No, sorry. ++Lar (I was off the air for an hour driving the LDraw presentation) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Well using the Guarded Inn as a referance I would expect that the Figs will be replaced by Native American Figs... Eric Kingsley Followups to: lugnet.fun (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Brickfest now in full swing

I think you guys should move the chat to AIM, dal.net 'sucks' :-) I'm sorry, it's a bad server, of the people I've talked to, no one seems to be able to get on a decent server to get into the room. I did finally manage to get in for a bit last night (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: (Brad's answers to some questions) <extracted for emphasis> (...) Seriously?!?!?!? Can you (or someone) elaborate on this? Wow. That's it's even being examined enough to mention that it's being (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

LOL, you said *JULY* surprise, so you only get half credit, LOL :)~ But it is GREAT to see this come back! I have never even seen one of these in person, and think - pretty soon I will have one in my lego town!! I know this is pushing it, but is (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Did he give any info on the minor detail changes? Jude (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Too late, sorry. I can interpret from what he said, though. I think they are extremely pleased with the response so far, it appears to me (Larry) that it exceeds their anticipated numbers based on things that Brad said about phones ringing off (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GGH0yC.E78@lugnet.com... (...) Car. How about this for a prediction - (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - Carolina Train (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

Can Brad comment on how much interest they ANTICIPATED for the Gaurded Inn, and how much interest there really was? i.e. What numbers did they hope to sell, and how much did they really sell? Eric (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Yes. (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Serious. Brad showed the cover art for 10001, Metroliner, and 10002 Club Car. (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) B: yes, it could be considered, if structured properly. (we are unfortunately now out of time...) Oh, one other thing from Brad. Australia, you don't get the Metroliner! Just kidding. (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Serious?!? Jude (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Hey, did I just see a Club Car for the August Surprise?! The web cam cut out immediatiely after..., aw c'mon, you're killin' me here! ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  August Surprise...

Posted too fast... AND club car!!! orders accepted in late august, ship in sept. Probably close to or at original retail, also a combo of both sets for slightly less. 10001 is Metroliner... 10002 is Club car. There are some minor details changed. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  August Surprise...

While we waited... more foilage IS on the list for production, LD is aware "do you look at what people buy on eBay? (asked as a followup)" Yes. It's not a totally accurate factor... does 1 person buying 6 cypress for 110 mean that there is a huge (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snippage> Thanks for funneling questions, Larry, and providing the running commentary. Those of us stuck at home really appreciate it. The support that LD does for LTC's doing train shows, would (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

While I was waiting to get picked, Shiri asked "israel/LD"... probably not soon. Troy Cefaratti: "whence Mono"? ... motors are lost as are other molds. Steve R: "east coast LL"... not sure yet. Cletus Romano: "Whence Trains?" yes. 9V is not going (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Thanx, Larry! Bobbled or no this is great info. That 25% number, which would include AFOLs, is certainly noteworthy. I guess that's how we manage to net LEGO Direct employees at events like this in the first place. Thanx again, enjoy the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) These were sort of asked already. Brad readdressed: Target is non AFOL but they are very aware of us as customers and want to do things where it makes sense. Kids are the primary market though. S@H has been in place to serve kids and familys (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) the webcam pages have "(C)20001" at the bottom! :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) (read that exactly as quoted) Paraphrasing Brad's response: Oz definitely. NZ strongly intended by 4Q. Japan not in plan for 4Q due to Double Byte char set issues, other tech problems. Norway and Switzerland and France are also coming soon. (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  From Mike Walsh

"When will we see more windows and doors in other colors? When will see roof elements to make complex roofs in brown, sand red, etc.?" These two questions were asked in substantially similar form already and were answered as "we are aware of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) If there's time left after Santosh's question(s), I'm curious to hear Brad's comments on: 1) What is LEGO Direct's target consumer group (ie, AFOL vs non)? 2) Which group is actually the largest part of their customer base? And by "LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

Thanks for posting this Larry. Was Australia Specifically mentioned or was it more an indication of when other countries would be coming online as well (eg New Zealand, Japan etc.) Santosh We are the most governed country on the planet arent we? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Larry, Any news on the August Surprise? Jude (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) (and post the question and answer here...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) In my opinion, it's not ganging up per se, but it is mostly the standard set of questions about the assortment, colors, what is coming back what isn't, etc... Juniorization hasn't been mentioned yet. ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Regrettably, I don't have IRC but mail me and I will ask on your behalf. (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest news flash

Brad Justus: (quoted with permission) "It is intended that the entire Shop at Home experience will be available in Australia by the end of the 4th quarter of 2001..." Paraphrased by Lar for dramatic effect: "One of the big holdups is your government (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

Well I'm here watching and trying to get someone on the IRC channel to contact me so I can give Mr Justus a few questions - nothing complicated mind you ;-) Santosh (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GGGwxq.3t0@lugnet.com... (...) breaking (...) So what is Brad J. talking about on Cam1? (11:00 AM EDT). Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) It looks like Brad Justus is on WebCam1. He seems to be moving his hands a lot but not actually saying anything ;] By the expression on his face it looks as though everybody in the room is ganging up on him about Juniorization or some such (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Right! (I am posting this from my laptop in the room) ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

I'm having fun looking at the webcam (URL) see at camera 2 a computer and a laptop or two, that's for posting breaking news to Lugnet, right?? right?? lol!! Julie (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest now in full swing

This might seem dumb, andperhaps a bit too difficult, but is it possible to relay some of the discussions with Lego Direct across the IRC server chat thats going? I just happen to be up even though its almost 12:30am here in Melbourne. SO would like (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Shell Sets at Brickfest

I'll have a few of the Shell Promo sets with me at Brickfest today. Prices are cash or non-cc PayPal, hand delivered, no shipping. <set:1252> Tank Truck $10 <set:1253> Ferrari and Truck $10 <set:1254> Food Store $20 <set:1255> Car Wash $20 (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Brickfest now in full swing

To see what you're missing if you're not here, go to the webcam page... (URL) there is an online chat, just like last year. You can ask questions of participants or whatever it is #brickfest on dal.net (IRC) (posted on behalf of the Brickfest (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Where's Waldo

Who is in the Brick Room right now? (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Hi Ho, Hi Ho..

..Its off to Brickfest I go. I was just thinking that Brickfest would be the perfect time for Brad to announce the August Surprise. Personally I am hoping for a Galaxy Explorer myself. -- Overkill is the only sure kill. SR (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Well, I'm beginning to feel the reality of Brickfest

(...) You are right on, Frank ! It is very exciting. I just tried to pack away Himeji Castle last night and except for the very top tower, it took all the space on a 22 inch carryon bag (expanded) ouch !! Will have to beg the wife for space on (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Well, I'm beginning to feel the reality of Brickfest

The car is pretty much loaded, and amazingly, there is still room, and I think I'm bringing more tangible stuff this year (last year I brought a ton of building materials only to use about none of it, this year, I've got a crate of bricks for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact