 Events / BrickFest / *2043 (-20)
  Re: Brickfest question

Crossposted to events.brickfest since I THINK you're asking about BrickFest PDX not NWBrickCon. (...) As to your questions ... Some reading of the archives of events.brickfest might be helpful in giving more detail... I don't want to sound (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Seeking session/expo coordinators for sculpture/mosaic, castle, mindstorms/technic/robotics

The BrickFest PDX organizing committee is seeking session/expo volunteers for the following areas: Sculpture/Mosaic Castle Mindstorms/Technic/Robotics These are important areas that don't yet have dedicated coordinators. If you're planning to attend (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest PDX Hotels

Steve Barile recently scoped out a few of the hotels and the BrickFest PDX web site now has updated hotel information. (URL) Red Lion has been selected as the Hotel of choice for the event. It is located across the northeast corner from the Oregon (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) IIRC, you're a member of the nascent M>LTC, right? The containers are the standard 4x8 containers that LEGO uses. (1) These are somewhat on the small side, especially for clubs that work in 8 wide, but it's sort of tradition at this point. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest? PDX website & registration launch!!!

(...) Hey Cool! I was perusing the "who's coming" section of the BrickFest PDX web site and saw that Rene Hoffmeister, creator of (URL) 1000Steine>, Germany's answer to LUGNET, is registered to attend! That's awesome! I hope more Europeans (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest PDX Hotels

"Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HoB4os.1EAA@lugnet.com... (...) Convention (...) 1 (...) got the (...) I'm not a local but since the company I work for is based in Portland I get there quite a bit and I am always in a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest PDX Hotels

Can any locals comment on the state of the hotels around the Portland Convention Center? I've noticed the Holiday Inn is now apparently a Red Lion. The Inn at the Convention Center apparently used to be Best Western, got a 1 star rating, and Best (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX website & registration launch!!!

URL for non FTX friendly systems: (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Call for LDraw/CAD Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for LDraw/CAD Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 Its time to start looking forward to (URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2004>! Its hard to believe that in just four short months, this event will be upon us. Therefore, I'm soliciting LDraw/LEGO CAD (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 If you've ever been to a Brickfest, you know it is loads of fun. A big part of the fun is the opportunity to learn from each other... and BrickFest PDX will be no different, learning (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Call for BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

The organizers of BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 would like to extend an invitation to the community to submit their graphic ideas/artwork for consideration in the BrickFest PDX event-graphic contest. The event-graphic (not to be confused with the BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  RE: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) TJ, you'll be glad to kow HP is back in the calculator business with they new and improved HP49. The supplier of the Saturn CPU end-of-lifed it, so HP did a very smart thing. They wrote an emulator for the ARM and then moved all the code they (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

I have uploaded my presentation, "Building Big", to my website. You can download it from this page: (URL) also made available a document with my presentation notes. The presentation will make a lot more sense if you read them :-) Most of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) Thanks. My motives are easy; I like seeing lots of stuff at these events, it sounds like shipping would be a bear, it looks like I got the necessary parts, and (selfish bit) it looks like tons of fun to play with! But I'm kind of a believer in (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) So I've got a bit of time then. I actually sat down last night and modeled it in MLCAD, but before I could save it I got an infinitely looping error message and had to abort the program and lost the lot :( (I know - you'd think a professional (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) maybe. Ok, mostly. The adrenaline is still flowing. Working on the bills and the post mortem now. (...) We mech(a) heads got to stick together don't cha know... Plus, the thought of playing with the pup just sets me to giggles. or is it (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) 13-15 February 2004 (note, that's not what Mark said, but he's to be excused, I bet he's still a bit fried from NWBrickCon) See (URL) and specifically (URL) also (URL) events.brickfest The notion of building models on behalf of others so that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Tell-a-Joke Animation Competition

The BrickFest PDX Tell-a-Joke Animation Competition will involve the animation of a joke or one-liner. The joke should be appropriate to all audiences. The jokes need not be original and may be taken from joke books or other sources. The Use of Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 "History of Flight" Animation Competition

BrickFest PDX 2004 "History of Flight" Animation Competition The BrickFest PDX Animation Competition will be a themed competition among animators illustrating stop-motion and computer-generated techniques. The Theme of the Contest "History of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Starting a Robotics Club at a University

(...) Hi Henry, As promised, here's the presentation files: (HTML) (URL) is the slide deck from the "Organizing Robotics Challenges" presentation given at BrickFest 2003. I hope you and others find it useful! Calum (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact