 Events / 416
Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:08:28 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote in message ...

If you use the word Brickfest as a generic term applying to other • conventions,
it dillutes it as an identifier of the quality show that we produce.
Brickfest(SM) is a service mark belonging to myself and several others
who are responsible for the quality of the show.  We are considering
registering it with the USPTO.

Sigh. I guess it was my initial post referring to a "Brickfest West" or
"Brickfest Northwest" which sparked this name argument. For the record, it
never occurred to me that it would be taken as an infringement on the name
Brickfest (which at that point to my knowledge had never been labeled as a
trademark or service mark), and it was not intended to "steal the name" or
to use the name Brickfest for an event other than the original. I used it
simply as shorthand for "a fantastic event like the one called Brickfest on
the East Coast but which I stand a chance of getting to" :-). Apologies to
anyone who feels their name was infringed, stolen or otherwise maligned.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/