 Events / 392
Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 04:44:05 GMT

John Neal wrote:

3. As for the ILTCO, we are hoping to organize an International LEGO
Train Convention which will move annually across country to cities which
contain host LTCs.  If people wanted to piggyback on this event as a
National LUG convention, that would be up for discussion, but sites
would need to be in LTC-hosted cities.

Is it really right to call it INTERNATIONAL LTC if you just plan on touring
the states?

Germany has a rather large train contingent.

USLTC, maybe.

I just think a National LUG convention that moves around wouldn't
work.   There doesn't exist an organization/committee/group that would
organize and run it.  If anything, a National LUG convention should be
held in one place, and one place only.... Mecca (Carlsbad;-)

Uh, that's what I've been saying all along ;-)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/