 Events / 429
Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:40:56 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma writes:
their term "Brickfest" and its implied trademark. We spoke briefly about their
Logo on the back of the T-shirts and its use elsewhere, and I mentioned that
they had received permission from Lego for its use in this event. He suggested
that they obtain that permission in writing and they actively take steps to
officially trademark or servicemark (which is a trademark as others have
pointed out) the phrase "Brickfest" and that they do so with full • communication
with The LEGO® Group. He doubts The LEGO® Group; will allow the logo to be
included in the trademark application.

We have absolutely no plans to trademark the logo we used in 2001.
The only thing we are considering is the word "Brickfest".

KL