 Duplo / *421 (-20)
  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Greg Perry wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] I noticed that many of the Belville and Scala cloth items were made in China. (Send me email if you need me to check a 5890 to see if those earliest Belville sleeping bags fall into this category.) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I experienced two LEGO "firsts" a couple of weeks ago - I visited the local Zany Brainy store for the first time to check out their LEGO selection and while there I discovered the first sets that I had seen stamped with the words I cringe at, "MADE (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Bob the Builder in Austin

I just found Bob, Lofty and the Mice at the walmart on I35 at 1325. :D And what is with NickJr taking Everything out of the lineup this week. Don't they know my kids just got Lofty???? ;) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New to DUPLO® Trains

(...) Thank you Deidre, that's a pretty neat device he made for his train. As for me? I have a little floor space to start a layout of my own, I'll post some pictures on my web page soon. Thank you for giving me this info.-Harvey (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New to DUPLO® Trains

(...) To disable the timer as such - no. However someone came up with a technic gadget to continually reset the train using the stop/start switch. See: (URL)Second, can the train pull quite a bit? Yes, but it varies with each engine (identical (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New to DUPLO® Trains

Hello all, I have a few questions about DUPLO® trains. First, is there a way that the timer found in 2745 (the freight train) can be disabled? I have just received this set today and would like to run the train for more than a few minutes without (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

I just saw this set at KB toy Liquidators for $40. Rose "Todd Trotter" <ttrotter@mmcable.com> wrote in message news:GGrD3t.6I8@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New & Improved DUPLO Printed Brick Database - Now with Pictures!

An updated version of the DUPLO Printed Brick Database was posted to LUGNET today. This page can be found at: (URL) big change was that I finally was able to link this listing with pictures of the bricks that are stored in a Brickshelf folder. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Is the resurgence in Duplo buckets everywhere?

Hi all, After a few years with only one or two Duplo buckets fleetingly available in Australia, there seems to be a quite a resurgence. The S Korean factory seems to be pumping out nothing but Duplo buckets - in the past couple of months I think (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Woo Hoo! Got Some Purple Hippos!

About a month ago I started eyeing the DUPLO Purple Hippo sets ((URL) I had an idea for using the 2 purple hippos in that set along with the purple and lavendar parts that I was starting to accumulate from the Belville sets I recently purchased. I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Spuds on the job Bob, heheheheh. (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Hi Deidre, This may be my bad...I coulda' sworn that I saw Pilchard printed on a brick. I went back to the pics in my BrickShelf folder: (URL) From Christian's S@H image diving a few months ago. While specs have obviously changed since those (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Which set has Pilchard on a pic brick? Only two of the Bob sets have made it to my part of the world so far, but I can't spot Pilchard in the set pics on the sides of the boxes or in the inbox catalogue. I too was hoping Pilchard would be a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Yep...the bird on the brick is "Bird", a secondary character in the show, and best friend to Rolley, the green asphalt roller truck (who I'm imagining we'll see in the next set assortment, if the noise I've heard about the licensing terms is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) at the Life on Mars Truck Tour stop in VA and I REALLY like those new brown bricks. The "Brick" Bricks are pretty keen too. I'll have a hard time waiting around for a year before these sets start going on clearance (because I'm going to want (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) My daughter received 3276 Scoop and Muck and 3272 Scoop on the Road last Saturday for her second b-day (and a green 3036 bucket), and she is thrilled with them. We almost didn't make it until the party though 8?) (...) I will scan up all the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

So we got our hands on a Big Building Box (what's all this about waiting for a kid's birthday? :-) and I introduced it to the scanner. Printed bricks: all the bricks here except the bananas. (URL) picture inventory: (URL) see what's meant by the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) You're welcome. Your problem had me intrigued, and it kept me amused for a while :) (Actually it kept my husband amused too - watching me. He thought I'd lost it :) ) Actually an added bonus of digging out the Duplo: my just-turned-6 year old (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Works like a dream...I just rounded off the tops of the backs of the legs. If I had a roto tool, I would've used that. Thanks for such an exhaustive report though...I truly appreciate it...I just wonder if LEGO hasn't heard of this before? (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Bob 1 (from Bob, Lofty and the mice), doesn't really "snap" at all. However Bob 2 (from 3276) and Wendy both do a "soft snap". If I try really really hard I can sort of pinch my skin in passing in both of these but it doesn't hurt. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact