 Dear LEGO / 5372 (-20)
  Some things I'd like for 2006

1. Stop with the slapdash box packaging. Opening a box and finding a bunch of bags sloshing around inside feels very dismissive, plus you are guaranteeing that either the instruction manual and/or the sticker sheet will be crumpled/damaged. 2. For (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

What I am suggesting is either: A new RIS 3.0 with new constructopedia and parts but same electronics. And an upgrade kit (like the one that went from the 1.0 to the 1.5) containg the new parts and constructopedia. OR A new kit with new parts and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

I would love to have electronically operated valves to integrate with the RIS. It is the one thing that would really make Lego pneumatics more viable to me. The light and sound battery box - single 9v battery - (URL) expansion set is a good idea, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

(...) I think some automation of the pneumatic parts would be a good step. For example an RCX-controled switch would be a very welcome addition. Right now I don't use my pneumatic parts much, because integrating them with the RCX is a lot of (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

I really think the Pneumatic/RCX tie in set would be good - with all existing parts, items in the constructopedia on building Switches which can be motorized with Lego, a nice number of tanks, cylinders and valves and a simple old Light and Sound (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

(...) ... (...) ... (...) A "what I want in Mindstorms 3.0" thread comes up about every six months. It's about time for another one, but I'm glad to see it has a different twist. Are you suggesting they put the RCX & other electronics in a new box (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

I think they should NOT make a new RCX. They should take the existing RCX brick. And the existing IR tower. And the existing electrical bits (sensors and motors). New sensors would be nice but would have a high initial R&D/setup-for-manufacturing (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

While I personally love to see that, I just dont see them putting their neck out on that one. As stated before, we (AFOLs and advanced users) are barely a blip on the register of the bean counters, and it is to them that any business development (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I want LEGOLD

They have definately made bricks and figs in silver before. I have seen them in LEGO brand shops (on chains as jewellery) A friend has a silver modulex brick on a chain too :) not sure if they have ever done the same in gold (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Reading the attitudes of non-AFOLs

Dear LEGO, The recent Canadian Supreme Court decision regarding trademark protection from clone brands has spurred interesting discussions in non-AFOL circles. This is the type of market research that many companies pay big money to get, and even (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: A bit ticked!

(...) Well I should follow this up... after some more contacting Lego very kindly sent me a 4105 tub, which I have just received. Fair Play to them... Thanks for your help! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Vikings in North America... Please?

(...) Yah, kind of an old post that I forgot to update. TLG answered my christmas wish and brought Vikings to North America. I have already hit TRU and grabbed one of each set and have already built some MOCs. Gonna grab some more when financial (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Vikings in North America... Please?

(...) JB (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I want LEGOLD

(...) If you are really interested in something like this, I recommend taking a look at some third-party custom-created castings. A talented member of BZPower, Flintsmith, has created some amazing collectibles in metal and precious metal (see (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Vikings in North America... Please?

(...) Don't know about the USA, but we have the Viking sets in Canada... SRC LUGNet #765 StRuCtures™ Bricksmith™ (URL) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  I want LEGOLD

(...) There's basically only three things I buy - with my discretionary income - DVDs, LEGO, and Gold(&Silver), so these gold LEGO bricks are a hit with me. I would however like to request/suggest that TLC partner with the Royal Canadian (or a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I WANT LESS!

(...) While I agree with your thoughts in theory, in practice it just doesn't make sense. The thing is, bright colors attract more attention and sell more. After all this was one of the major reasons for the gray to "blay” change in past years. Now (...) (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I WANT LESS!

(...) Hi Steve, While I agree completely with your position on colours I think that the 4679 bonus box is actually part of that process. It has a lot of surplus stock in colours which may not be continued. Tim (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A bit ticked!

(...) Thanks much, I apprecite your efforts! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  I WANT LESS!

This post has been inspired by this bucket, and is in no way ironic! (URL) want LESS (preferably none) of the following bricks Pink mauve Turquoise Gold (gold, what use is gold?) Aqua Lime? Different shades of the same colour (How many blues are (...) (19 years ago, 28-Oct-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact