 Dear LEGO / 4628
  4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Dear LEGO What has happened to your quality control? I brought a couple of the Knight Bus sets and ( as well as having a few missing pieces in both boxes) the colour of the new bricks are all over the place. There are at least 3 different, distinct (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Remember when the word "LEGO" was pretty much synonymous with "quality"? What ever happened to those days? <sigh> I'm really beginning to wonder if anyone at The LEGO Company even cares about quality anymore... Come on, LEGO! Get your act (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

About colours being "all over the place" Is NOT new. I have observed this in many bulk tubs, where the yellow 2x2s do not quite match the 1x4s for instance, just prior to and during the 25th anniversary tub years. I have even got different 2x2s (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) shades of purple within a single brick? If so, I would imagine that LEGO Customer Service would consider at least this a problem. You might be able to get replacement bricks of a consistent (though unpredictable) shade of purple. Maybe having (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) I think that's a brick with a plate on top. If you look at the big picture you'll see it's taller than a single brick. (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) No way!!! whoah... I can't remember *ever* missing pieces, even when we did AucZILLA auctions and I handled millions. Maybe there was a time or two, but not that I recall. That record has (had?) always impressed me enormously. (...) it's half (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Perhaps; I won't comment on the colors. But think of this: at least when you place an order from S@H (okay, okay, I know you don't, but nevermind that), you get your order. I work for a mailorder fulfillment house and today between 30 and 40% (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) I've had a few, but most of them have been in the very early US availability of the sets. I bought one of the first two UCS X-Wings in town, and it was missing a 1x1 round plate (I ended up substituting with the included spare piece in the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Hmmm. Kinda like: well, sure, they're jabbing me with sharp sticks, but at least they're not red-hot? Not that buying Lego is like being poked with pointed implements, but I'm not sure of your logic here. :) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Isn't this thread about mismatched colours ? (...) Isn't when they are all together the important time ? So put the bricks in your collection, just don't build anything purple ;^) pete.w (owner of mismatched dark-grey bricks (not the new (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Perhaps it's not the soundest stuff I ever said. :) And maybe this was not the place to post this, I don't know. If it's not, I apologise. It's just that I have seen so much of this stuff about mismatched and changed colors in the last two (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) You can't always be perfect. We'll let it go this time. ;) (...) I'm actually happy that the noise hasn't subsided. The color 'changes' might not be important to some people, but color 'quality' issues should be important to anyone who is (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) *gasp* You poor, deprived soul. That's it, go buy yourself some...some...um, uh, Dumbledore's purple! Go buy a copy of his office. It's either that or Funny Crocodile from the unbranded Duplo line. Hmmm, a couple of the Dora sets due out this (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Or even some of those (otherwise useless) 4-point connectors from znap. Znap and Cyber-Stinger... early examples of Vintage-Purple. Ray (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Sorry, bad example...I wouldn't know the difference in car quality if it came up and shouted in my face. :) But I get your point, and I think I agree. Perhaps I was too fast to lump this thread in with all the other color stuff. (...) This is (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Then I'll change the wording a bit. :) IF I could afford a Cadillac, I would not expect the quality typically found in a Pontiac. Now you're off the hook for knowing the difference. ;) LEGO pieces are the Cadillac... I see no reason not to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:HtyBxB.w62@lugnet.com... (...) two (...) Yes they are plates on bricks. I've got a few 'flame' bricks and they are cool, to be expected and rare. Thats just a brick and a plate of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

This IS rubbish, how can the set even look worth while? & to think i wanted to make purple City Transit busses with the set! Josh (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Wow. I got my first 4755 at the BOGO50 TRU sale today, and it's worse than I thought. I could MAYBE excuse having 3 different shades spanning specific pieces. i.e., all 1x2s are one shade, all 1x4s another, etc. But no, I stacked the 1x2s, and got 3 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Perhaps I am paranoid, but after looking over my shoulder onthe purple/s bus problem, I have made one conclusion. LEGO is using this set as a way to smoke screen people into believing that the grey/brown color issue is not really happening at all, (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) You aren't the only one to have the extra Harry legs. I was surprised at that, as all of the other extra pieces I've ever gotten are the small plates. As far as the color control on this, I either got lucky or just managed to put it together (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) New sets are more likely to have piece inconsistencies than sets that have been in production for a while, as any errors that are made in piece sorting early on would be fixed as they are discovered. My first two copies of the TECHNIC R2-D2 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Hey, Tom, could you post some pics? James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

I'll have to open the other set and see if I can get pics that show it decently. It's obvious IRL, but I have no idea how the camera will capture it. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

OK, I did the best I can with the pics. While I can't get the overall tint of the pics to match real life, I think they show the multiple shades well enough. I brightened them a bit to get them closer to real life, but brightened the entire pic, I (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.color)