 Dear LEGO / 3922 (-20)
  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

(...) I've thought about checking those out. I have a feeling they would be too small to be useful. The ideal sorting tray is about 12"x18" and 2" deep, divided into 6-25 compartments. For some stuff, a larger tray, 15"x25" and 4" deep with 6-10 (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

What, pray tell, would be the point of licensing a PG-13 movie to make toys for the under-12 market? They picked the right one. Going with Harry Potter was a much better business decision for LEGO than LOTR would have been. (BTW, the book is (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

I wonder how hard it would be to get some of those trays that come at a bead store. Ever been to one? I go with my wife occasionally. People get all these beads in little trays, roughly a foot sqare with different sized compartments (rounded (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

Just remember, (J.K. Rowling)No other fantasy series while the almighty "Harry Potter" is around. If they could have made more than one we'd be seeing Lord of the Rings Lego. Just think what they could do with that! Dave. (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

(...) Why? Several reasons: - for major sorting it is helpful to have good sized trays so you can move 5, 10, 20 or whatever little containers at once - an array of small containers has all sorts of cracks to lose parts between - a nice tray (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

(...) You mean like the clear plastic thingy that came in the Black Cat set? Blech! I hate extra packaging in every form and material it comes in -- well, unless it's a truly usable storage container with a snap closure or something like that (lame (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

(...) Amen, brother. Even 5 or 6 compartments would help. Remember when all big technic or model team sets contained trays??? People who part out lots of sets have lots of them of course, but the regular joes don't. (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !

(...) When I was describing the UCS X-Wing to a non-AFOL, his first response was, "Gee, I imagine that the box includes a tray to sort out all of those parts." What a simple way for LEGO to add value: imagine if the packing for these mega-kits (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: legends/re-releases

(...) Oh my yes... Both of them rock! To have known then what I know now. (of course I would also have been well served to invest in a few other things that were cheap in 1985, but I digress) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  Re: legends/re-releases

725 is an awesome basic set. Go look at it. It truly bore out the Lego promise of "just the right amount of special pieces to encourage special creations." It actually came with instructions for set-quality models. Notice how its pieces are (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  Re: legends/re-releases

(...) I agree these sets are some of the best basic sets that were put out. I would also like to add 720 to the line-up. Another good source for parts, including 2 white "warehouse" doors and 4 red door "runners" for the doors. All in all, very (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  legends/re-releases

Would anyone out there like to see sets 730 (red bricks w/ black roof slopes) & 725 (white bricks & red slopes) rereleased? I'd love to see 730 for the bricks, roof slopes, cabinet/refrigerator, & other great town elements. Set 725 allows cool (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

(...) Though I doubt Lego would make a liscence. But hey, they also got a computor game out of it. John Kruer (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) LOL The lego dragon size would work for Ruth, maybe, but you're right that the other Pernese dragons would all be too big, except maybe the very first few generations. (...) I'd agree, except for colors. Green, (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Clones? [was Re: 2002's good for Castle!]

(...) really do look a lot like Yellow Castle helmets, both in the brush on top and in the shape of the eye-slit. Can anyone who actually owns a clonetrooper comment on the similarity, or the appropriateness of the mold? From what I can see, a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the DragonLANCE Series

For my preferences, i would much rather have a Dragonlance Line. Ditch the lame Harry Potter too. DL has 10 dragon types, all kinds of races, all kinds of neat looking fortresses and places. Monsters, machines, weapons and stuff. It would be very (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

(...) "a bit small"? That's an understatement! :) I think Pern would work better as a MOC theme (and it's way more likely to happen). The dragons are big enough that they should be built out of bricks, which we can already do. The dwellings and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

YES! PLEASE! :) Troy "Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:GvC53A.1HD@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dear Lego, if you must license, how about the Dragonriders of Pern

I think the Pern series would make a great Lego theme, and many of the parts already exist. You already have dragons (although they are a bit small for the Pernese dragons compared to the size of minifigs) and many people would welcome them in more (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 1x5, why not?

(...) That sure looks like a mis-print to me. Every other layer has a 1x4 and a 1x1, some draftsman missed a line. (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact