 Dear LEGO / 3911
3910  |  3912
Subject:
legends/re-releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 22:37:51 GMT

Would anyone out there like to see sets 730 (red bricks w/ black roof slopes) &
725 (white bricks & red slopes) rereleased?  I'd love to see 730 for the
bricks, roof slopes, cabinet/refrigerator, & other great town elements.  Set
725 allows cool "carribean" style buildings (for lack of a better description
on my part.)  Both sets are GREAT for basic bricks with "goodies" sprinkled in.
They pobably weren't "legend" status in sales, but for around $30 (U.S.-if I
remember correctly) they were great town sets; much better than the somewhat
"incoherent"
freestyle/Max & Tina Creator series ( I just can't get into buildin rabbits
with wheels.)  Sets 725 & 730 could be a model for less specialized sets that,
for $30, could help the AFOL's of today show their children:  "This is the
quality of sets we long for from the 1980's & early 90's."  There shouldn't be
many problem with molds still in existence & no copyright issues, & the sets
have multiple directions/suggestions for open-ended creative play that the LEGO
Co. wants to promote.

Jeff Szklennik