 Dear LEGO / 3916
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 18:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.build, Cary Clark writes:

When I was describing the UCS X-Wing to a non-AFOL, his first response was,
"Gee, I imagine that the box includes a tray to sort out all of those
parts." What a simple way for LEGO to add value: imagine if the packing for
these mega-kits included a preformed plastic tray with forty or fifty
indentations of several sizes, probably not enough to hold all of the kit's
parts, but enough to hold ten or so building steps.

Like many others, I use trays like the one in the 1298 Advent Calender to
hold parts while sorting, but I would welcome larger, shallower trays with
different-sized depressions. It probably wouldn't make a difference when
building a set (since I'm never in any hurry to end that experience) but
those trays would find a multitude of other uses.

Amen, brother. Even 5 or 6 compartments would help. Remember when all big
technic or model team sets contained trays??? People who part out lots of
sets have lots of them of course, but the regular joes don't.