 Dear LEGO / 3917
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Moly ! !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 22:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Amen, brother. Even 5 or 6 compartments would help. Remember when all big
technic or model team sets contained trays??? People who part out lots of
sets have lots of them of course, but the regular joes don't.

You mean like the clear plastic thingy that came in the Black Cat set?
Blech! I hate extra packaging in every form and material it comes in --
well, unless it's a truly usable storage container with a snap closure or
something like that (lame buckets with fall off lids will not do in this
category).  All that useless kind of extra packaging junk just gets tossed
out by persons like myself.  I don't want to go all "green" on you people,
but there are many, many reasons why it is a bad idea for manufacturers like
TLC to make, package, and provide the aforementioned container trays.

If you must have sorting containers I think there are many economical
alternatives available.  Recalling the approximate size of the container
trays in question, why can't y'all content yourselves with stuff like the
Glad Ware Entree containers, to name but one example of an alternative?
These 5.5" x 5.5" x 2" Glad Ware containers are quite cheap, have lids at
least as good as Lego buckets, and also stack evenly.

Why burden everyone else with the extra garbage?

-- Hop-Frog