 Dear LEGO / 3550
Re: Lego hostility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:37:55 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Seems like a lot of hostility over mostly trivial stuff.  Not that I
disagree with many of the opinions - I just don't see a justification for
the vehemence of them.

Yeah, tone it down, will ya; you're embarrassing me.

I agree, his tone might have been a bit harsh... there are probably ways to
express these feelings and maintain a little more integrity.

And show a little respect--
LD actually reads this stuff!

Well... good.  I hope you're right.

Maybe some of this dissatisfaction might eventually trickle up the pipe to
LEGO's head office.  The information needs to be heard and LEGO has shown
that they prefer to deal with their fans through LUGNET rather than through
their own website.

As for showing respect, well it goes both ways.  The company also needs to
realize that many of its adult customers are not at all happy with what it
is offering.  And I'm speaking of the entire company, not specifically to
the LEGO Direct initiative.  They are in business to win us over with their
great products.  It's not up to us to sit back and just take whatever comes.

Given all of your cantankerous rants, I'll bet
that you are the butt of many jokes around the LD water tank!

I have to disagree.  If I was working for a company who had customers that
were this unhappy with our output I think I'd try to find some way to make
my bosses see that things could be better.

Actually, where I work LEGO is often discussed by myself and several parents
of children under 10.  Let me tell you that there is a lot of head shaking
and frustration.  The company clearly doesn't remember where they came from
and clearly has no idea where they're going.

Regards,
Allan B.