 Dear LEGO / 3559
Re: Lego hostility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:25:15 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney writes:
And I agree with your other statement, Allan, LEGO has forgotten where it
came from and has no idea where it is going.  I wish we were regarded higher
as customers.

Amen!

I'm not posting this message as a "response" to your response but more as a
direct post to Lego.

I didn't want to say anything but I recently had a nightmare of an
experience with the Customer "Service" Representatives at the S & H 800
number.  Since the 800 number Reps seem to periodically have "difficulties"
processing my orders, I took the simplier route this time and used the
ordering via the Lego website... my mistake.  The website processed my order
correctly, displayed my total correctly on the screen (Which I DID print and
save), but then I got my order confirmation email and Lego charged me an
extra bogus $20 fee for "instructions."  I called the 800 number and the
first operator was clueless.  She had to keep putting me on hold for long
periods of time while she "figured" it out....  Eventually she did agree
with me that I had not ordered "instructions" and that this item didn't
actually exist.  She said that she would credit my account for the charge..
and it must have been some sort of computer error.

Fine... Over a day later I get another email about my order again charging
me the bogus $20 instruction fee...  So I called the 800 number again just
to make sure that my account was credited and that my order was straightened
out.  This Customer "Service" Rep was the ***** from ***.  She was rude,
snotty, arrogant, and snapped every answer at me.  She told me to stop
calling them.  (only my 2nd call) I tried to suggest to her that perhaps a
confirmation email when orders are changed/modified might be a good thing
for a customer to receive, so that they would know that the changes were
processed. She just snapped that she would "tell someone" about my "idea"
and to get off the phone.

Quite frankly I've had more than a few problems with the 800 people.  The
only time my orders go through perfectly is when I go the old fashioned
route and hand fill out an order, and send a check, to them in the mail.
That way they can't "over" charge me and can't come back and claim that they
are unable to process my credit card (which they also seem to have problems
successfully doing.. no one else ever does).

My order arrived at my home...... my invoice of course included an order of
"instructions......"  and the total showed once again the overcharge... I
wonder what the person who packed my order thought?  Did they spend some
time running around the warehouse looking for those phantom "instructions"
to pack in my order?

Katie